ANNEX I: VPN¶
The VPN software allows you not only to connect to CESGA in a secure way but also to access internal resources that you can not reach otherwise.
Installing the Forticlient VPN software¶
Then depending on your Operating System the steps will be different:
- For Windows/Mac just launch the installation wizard.
- For new Linux versions like Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 7 check the Alternative Open Source Linux Client OpenfortiVPN section. You can also try the Forticlient official instructions but we do not recommend it.
- For old Linux versions check the old linux versions section.
In all cases, enter the following configuration options:
- Gateway: gateway.cesga.es
- Port: 443
- Username: your email address registered at CESGA
- Password: your password in the supercomputers</code></pre>
Remember to start the VPN before connecting to hadoop3.cesga.es.
VPN Installation in old Linux versions¶
Follow the next steps to do the installation:
unrar e vpn-fortissl.rar tar xvzf forticlientsslvpn_linux_4.4.2323.tar.gz cd forticlientsslvpn ./fortisslvpn.sh
Accept the license agreement presented.
After the installation you can start the VPN from the command line:
../forticlientsslvpn_cli --server gateway.cesga.es:443 --vpnuser email@example.com
Alternative Open Source Linux Client OpenfortiVPN¶
For Linux there is also an alternative open-source client called OpenFortiVPN that you can use instead of the official fortivpn client. Some Linux distibutions like Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSuse or Arch Linux provide OpenFortiVPN packages.
If you are using Ubuntu 18.04 or newer you can install it using:
apt install network-manager-fortisslvpn
The package is in the universe repo, which is usually enabled by default.
If you are using Centos 7, it is available in the EPEL repo. Once this repo is enabled you can install it using:
yum install openfortivpn
Check the project github page for details OpenFortiVPN.